The Mora Eldris Neck Knife has a 12C27 stainless-steel blade and is equipped with a Scandi grind (no secondary bevel) for controlled slicing and easy sharpening. It has a square-edge spine to use with a fire starter. What sets this knife apart is that it blends the benefits of a well-built fixed blade knife with the undeniable convenience of a pocket blade. At just under 3 ounces, you can just toss this knife in a pocket or pack and forget about it until it’s time for use.
Each Mora Eldris comes with a click-locking, symmetrical sheath. It provides users ambidextrous sheathing options.
The Mora Eldris Neck Knife also includes:
- Paracord: The Neck Knife Kit includes a 1 meter long paracord string. For example, it can enable you to create a lanyard for carrying the knife around your neck. Paracord is a given part of any outdoor activity, and should be brought whenever you are spending time outdoors. There are many situations this piece of string will be invaluable. Everything from making a drying line for wet clothes, to tying a broken snowmobile sledge to a snowmobile or even as an extra hand when your gutting a moose, everything is easier with a piece of paracord at hand. The special thing with the paracord is that it is made of an outer sleeve and several thinner cords, which increases the possible ways of using it even more.
- Fire Starter: A firestarter is included in the Neck Knife Kit. This firestarter has a minimalist design to accompany the size of the knife, and is optimal for starting your fire or igniting a camping stove.
- Secondary Lock: When worn around your neck, the secondary locking strap prevents the knife from falling out of the sheath. That way you can feel confident that the knife is always safe in place. The lock consists of a leather piece attached to a collar. It can be taken on and off, since it is possible to slide the collar onto the sheath and snap it into place.
- Brand: Mora of Sweden
- Type of knife: bushcrafting knife, neck knife
- Type of steel: Sandvik 12c27
- Series: Eldris
- Best use: bushcraft, camping, everyday carry
- Blade length: 5.3 cm
- Blade shape: drop point
- Length: 14.1 cm
- Handle length: 8.9 cm
- Blade height: 2.3 cm
- Blade thickness: 1.9 mm
- Hardness: 58 HRC
- Weight 61g