MSR Sweetwater Microfilter Purifier System
Get the added viral protection that’s critical in popular wilderness areas and developing countries with this comprehensive purifier/microfilter system. The SweetWater Microfilter removes waterborne bacteria and protozoa, particulate, taste and odors, while the chlorine-based SweetWater Purifier Solution effectively inactivates viruses. Together they provide the most reliable water possible. It pumps easily with a 4:1 mechanical advantage, producing 1L per minute and can easily be cleaned in the field without tools to restore flow rates.
- Testing: Meets NSF protocol P231 for inactivation of viruses (99.99%), and removal of bacteria (99.9999%) and protozoa (99.9%) from beginning to end of filter life in “worst-case” water.
- Fresh Tasting Water: Activated carbon core helps eliminate taste and odors.
- Iodine-free: Inactivates viruses without bad-tasting iodine.
- Easy to Use: Lever-action pump handle has a 4-to-1 mechanical advantage and dual pump action, so you don't have to work as hard.
- Lightweight: Entire system weighs just 14 ounces.
- Compact: Handle folds flat when not in use for easy packing and storage.
Effective against protozoa
|Effective against bacteria||Yes|
|Effective against viruses||Yes|
|Effective against particulate||Yes|
|Effective against chemicals/toxins||Yes|
|Weight||14 oz / 397 g|
|Width||2 in / 5 cm|
|Length||7.5 in / 19 cm|
|Filter media||Silica Depth Plus Sodium Hypochlorite|
|Filter pore size (microns)||0.2|
|Flow (L/min)||1 liters per min|
|Flow (strokes per liter)||75|
|Cartridge life||750 liters|
|Country of Origin||Made in the U.S.A. of U.S. and Imported Materials|
|Water Bottle Adapter||Yes|
|Cartridge replacement indicator||Yes|
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.